You may be wondering, 4K technology has been around for years. CVW will launch a 4K UHD wireless video transmission system with the new technology.
One more thing: true 4K is 4096 x 2160 with a pixel ratio of 1:1.78, while UHD has 3840 x 2160 with a pixel ratio of 1:1.9.
While there are some differences between these two standards, for the sake of this article we will focus on UHD as it’s the current industry standard for professional cameras and produces higher quality results than traditional HD cameras.
So let’s jump right into our list of the good and cheap 4K cameras.
Panasonic Lumix Gh5 Ii
The camera has been redesigned to be smaller than its predecessor. The original GH5 was large, bulky, and difficult to handle with one hand. The GH5 II is much more compact and easier to hold onto. It also comes with an electronic viewfinder, something that most DSLR cameras don’t have.
- 3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating
- DCI/UHD 4K 60p Video, 10-Bit Internal
- Pre-Installed V-Log L, No Crop 4K Video
- 5-Stop 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2
- 76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 0″ 1.84m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- 225-Area DFD AF, Advanced Subject Detect
- Livestream Video via Wi-Fi
- 6K and 4K PHOTO Modes
Panasonic Lumix S5
Well-rounded, lightweight, and sleek, the Panasonic Lumix S5 meshes capable video and photo capabilities with a portable body design. Featuring a full-frame 24.2MP CMOS sensor, the S5 is distinguished by its UHD 4K60 10-bit internal recording, Dual Native ISO, and wide 14+-stop dynamic range. Beyond video, it caters to a versatile range of stills applications with 7 fps continuous shooting, ISO 100-51200 native range, and even a 96MP High-Res Shot mode.
- 2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K60 Video,10-Bit Internal Recording
- V-Log, HDR, and Dual Native ISO
- 36m-Dot 0.74x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 0″ 1.84m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Contrast-Detect 225-Area DFD AF System
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 100-51200, up to 7 fps Shooting
- 96MP High-Res Mode, Dual SD Card Slots
- Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
The Fujifilm X-S10 is a mid-range mirrorless camera with advanced features and a high quality lens kit. It’s aimed at the enthusiast photographer who wants to move up from their smartphone, but isn’t ready to commit to the larger price tag of professional level cameras.
- 1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- DCI/UHD 4K at 30 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
- 425-Point Hybrid AF System
- 36m-Dot 0.62x OLED EVF
- 0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- ISO 160-12800, up to 8 fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
Vloggers and influencers rejoice, the Sony ZV-1 is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation.
Featuring a side flip-out 3.0″ touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
- 1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- ZEISS 24-70mm-Equiv. f/1.8-2.8 Lens
- UHD 4K30p Video w/ HLG & S-Log3/2 Gammas
- 0″ Side Flip-Out Touchscreen LCD
- Real-Time Tracking & Eye AF
- Background Defocus & Face Priority AE
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic & Mic Jack
- Multi-Interface Shoe, Built-In ND Filter
- Product Showcase Setting
If you’re a professional photographer, the Nikon D850 is the only camera you need. It’s also the only camera some professionals will ever need. The D850 is Nikon’s top of the line full-frame DSLR, and it’s packed with features that make it an extremely versatile tool for both stills and video shooters.
The D850 offers many improvements over its predecessor, the D810, including a 45-point autofocus system (all cross-type) with a dedicated autofocus processor; 8K time lapse capture with exposure smoothing; 4K UHD video capture at up to 30 fps; a new 153-point metering system; improved battery life; and more.
- 7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 2″ 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
- Native ISO: 64-25600,Extended: 32-102400
- 7 fps Shooting for 51 Frames with AE/AF
- 8K Time-Lapse, Negative Digitizer Mode
- 180k-Pixel RGB Sensor, Focus Shift Mode
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Canon EOS R7
An ideal blend of performance and portability, the EOS R7 represents Canon’s move into APS-C with the mirrorless R system. Featuring a 32.5MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC X processing, this sleek powerhouse is capable of high-speed 30 fps shooting for sports and wildlife and features the renowned Dual Pixel CMOS AF II focusing system to keep up with and track fast-moving subjects. And, for the multimedia image-maker, 4K video is supported at up to 60p, or 30p when oversampled from a 7K area, as well as Full HD at up to 120 fps.
- 5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 4K60 10-Bit Video, HDR-PQ & C-Log 3
- 30 fps E. Shutter, 15 fps Mech. Shutter
- 36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 6m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Multi-Function Shoe, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth