Section 1 – Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you subscribe to our news through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Subscription Information.”
Section 2 – How do we use your personal information?
We use the Subscription Information that we collect generally to fulfill any subscription through the Site (including processing your after-service problems, tech support, and providing you with our latest news). Additionally, we use this Subscription Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Advertising or retargeting purposes (Anonymized)
Section 3 -Behavioural advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info
Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt-out of Ads Personalization” setting.
Section 4 – Cookies
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”).
- For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
Our use of these technologies
Below are the ways that we and our partners use these technologies on our Site.
CATEGORY OF USE
PURPOSE OF THE USE
To help us remember your settings and preferences, like your preferred language or the country you are in,so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
Authentication and Security
To log you into the Site; enable us to show you your account data; and help us keep your data and the Services safe and secure.
Service Features and Performance
To provide you with functionality and optimize the performance of the Site. For example, to keep track of products you add to your shopping cart on store.rakwireless.com; allow you to share information from RAKwireless with social networking services like Facebook or Twitter; and improve our website’s load speed and performance.
Analytics and Research
To help us understand how you are using the Site so that we can make them better, faster, and safer.
To enable our partners to serve ads for our products and services; deliver relevant ads to people who may be interested in them on other services; measure the performance of ads, and opt you out of receiving interest-based ads if that is your choice.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our Services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Used to keep track of the site visitor’s authentication or to keep track which relevant information or scripts are needed to be loaded in the webpage.
Used to keep track of the site visitor’s non-essential site preferences like the selected language, website view layout, and the like.
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to help measure how our website visitors interact with our websites.
Section 5 – Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Section 6 – Changes
Section 7 – Contact information
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE TERMS.
You may contact us at [email protected] or our mailing address below.
*These terms were last updated on 01/06/2020